VAF Best Experimental Film Competition 1
All bets are off when animators experiment with techniques, formats and materials. Experimental films are about testing the limits of what animation can and should do. All the
All bets are off when animators experiment with techniques, formats and materials.
Experimental films are about testing the limits of what animation can and should do. All the films in the program are nominated for the Best Experimental Short Film at the VAF Award show.
It is a field defined by filmmakers bold enough to turn classic genres and conventions on their head. To startle the viewer with absurd, abstract, and trippy tales. All while paying due respect to the aesthetics, the technique, the medium and the narrative – not necessarily in a classic chronological sense, but by pushing the boundaries of visual, sensory expression. These films deal with beautiful images, sensual roller coaster rides, and provocations, offering plenty of surprises and food for thought along the way.
Films in the program:
- Internet Gaga – Reinhold Bidner – 2023 – Austria
- 101 Days of Lockdown – Jelena Sinik – 2022 – Australia
- Dissolution – Sujin Kim – 2023 – United States
- This is not a bath – Pola Lotta Włodarczyk – 2022 – Poland
- The Beatles Vs The Stones – Andrew Kelleher (Dog&Rabbit) – 2022 – UK
- Juice – Mona Keil – 2022 – Germany
- All my scars vanish in the wind – María Angélica Restrepo, Carlos David Velandia – 2022 – Colombia
- EO DE ME – Viktorie Štěpánová – 2023 – Czech Republic
- Help Desk – Edwin Rostron – 2023 – UK
- The Fifth Floor – Tereza Burianová – 2023 – Czech Republic
- Soaked In – Shiyu Tang – 2022 – China
- Floating city – Chit Ng – 2022 – Hong Kong
- Hugging – Adam Wells – 2023 – Sweden
Duration: 1 hour 7 min.
Language: No dialogue
Age limit: 15+
Nordisk Film biografer FotoramaTingvej 22, 8800 ViborgCinema and cafe centrally located in Viborg with parking lot nearby.